Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones
Wonderful, wonderful treat! These delicious scones end up on our brunch table many years on Christmas Eve.
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 TBS. chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 TBS. half and half
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 C fresh or frozen cranberries or 1/2 C dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Blend the flour, sugar baking powder, salt and butter.
3. Add half and half, beaten egg, cranberries, and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds together.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and kneed for 2 min.
5. Form into 1/2" thick round then cut the round into 8 wedges.
6. Spray baking sheet with oil, transfer scones to sheet
7. Bake for 14 min. or until golden brown.