BBQ Beef in the Slow Cooker
- 3-5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce OR homemade tomato sauce
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 3 TBSP raw honey
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos (for Paleo) OR soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Place the roast in a large slow cooker.
2. Place all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Pour the sauce over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat falls apart easily.
3. Shred beef in the pot using two forks. Serve as you like. I prefer sandwiches with red onion and diced pickle on top.