- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 swordfish steaks, abt 1/2"-thk - (5 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups arugula - (lightly packed)
- 1 bunch watercress stemmed
Place the panko in a pie dish. In another pie dish, beat the eggs to blend. Line a large cutting board with plastic wrap. Place 2 swordfish steaks on plastic wrap, about 2 inches apart. Place another sheet of plastic wrap over the steaks. Using the flat side of a meat mallet or a heavy rolling pin, gently flatten the swordfish steaks to 1/4-inch thick. Remove top plastic wrap and sprinkle the swordfish with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside the swordfish steaks and flatten and season remaining 2 steaks, using the plastic wrap to help again. Dip each steak into the egg, then the panko, coating completely and patting to adhere.
Working in batches, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoon of light olive oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place 2 coated swordfish steaks in pan and cook until brown and crisp and just cooked through in the middle, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cooling rack set on a baking sheet and lightly tent with foil to keep warm (do not seal with foil or the breading will become soggy). Repeat with the remaining butter, olive oil, and 2 swordfish steaks.
Whisk the lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil in a large bowl to blend. Add the arugula and watercress, and toss lightly to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the swordfish steaks to plates. Top with the salad and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)