Stuffed Zucchini And Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup dried plain bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey preferably dark meat
- 2 zucchini ends removed, halved lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 short orange bell pepper halved, seeded
- 1 short red bell pepper halved, seeded
- 1 short yellow bell pepper halved, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly drizzle the olive oil into a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish. Whisk the onion, parsley, egg, ketchup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese and bread crumbs. Mix in the turkey. Cover and refrigerate the turkey mixture.
Using a melon baller or spoon, carefully scrape out the seeds and inner flesh from the zucchini, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells. Be careful not to pierce through the skin. Fill the zucchini and pepper halves with the turkey mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly. Arrange the stuffed vegetables in the baking dish. Pour the marinara sauce over the stuffed vegetables.
Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown and a thermometer inserted into the filling registers 165 degrees, about 45 minutes. Transfer the stuffed vegetables to a platter and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)