Seared Shrimp In Endive Leaves With Parsley Sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp peeled, de-veined
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves - (lightly packed)
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tbspn finely-chopped fresh thyme)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 heads Belgian endive
To make the shrimp salad: Toss the shrimp with 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) of oil in a large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp until they are just cooked through or pink, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and toss with 1 teaspoon lime juice. Cool completely. Cut the shrimp into small cubes.
To make the parsley sauce: Blend the parsley, sour cream, yogurt, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice in a food processor until the parsley is finely chopped. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss the shrimp with the chives, tarragon, capers, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large bowl to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Separate the endive leaves and arrange on a platter. Spoon about 1 generous tablespoon of the shrimp salad atop each leaf. Drizzle the parsley sauce over the salad and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (378 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)