Braised Sirloin Tips
- 2 lbs sirloin tips, all visible fat discarded, cubed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 c fat free, no salt added beef broth
- 1/3 c dry red wine
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c cold water
- 1/4 c snipped fresh parslet
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the meat with the pepper. Cook the meat in the skillet for 8 to 10 minutes, or until well browned on all sides, stirring often. Stir in the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
Pour in the broth, wine, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the meet is tender.
Put the cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the water, stirring to dissolve. Slowly pour the mixture into the skillet, stirring constantly. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
To serve, sprinkle with parsley.