Creamed Oysters in Acorn Squash
A good appetizer soup prior to a dinner of seafood
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2- 12 oz containers fresh oysters
- 1- 10 oz can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut squash in half crosswise, remove seeds. Place squash halves cut side up in a greased jelly roll pan. Add butter evenly to squash halves.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour until tender.
Drain oysters, reserving half of liquid. Place oysters and reserved liquid in a large saucepan, Cook over med hi heat, stirring occasionally, until oysters begin to curl, Stir in soup, spoon evenly into squash halves, Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
You'll also love
- Crispy Garlic + Parmesan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Autumn Pumpkin Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herbed Corn on the Cob Grilled in... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Corn Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Acorn Squash slices with Egg 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)