Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix - (18.25 oz) (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe recommended)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs whites
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 containers fresh raspberries - (6 oz ea) cut in half (or a 16-oz container fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar plus
- additional for dusting
Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, egg whites, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until the batter is well blended. Using about 1/3 cup of batter for each cupcake, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the cupcakes until they are very pale golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely on a cooling rack.
Using a fork, coarsely mash 1 1/2 containers of raspberries in a medium bowl. Beat the cream and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Fold the mashed raspberries into the whipped cream.
Remove the muffin papers from the cupcakes and cut the tops off of each cupcake. Spoon the raspberry whipped cream atop the cupcake bottoms. Place the cupcake tops on the cupcakes. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with the remaining berries.
This recipe yields 18 cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)