Garlicky Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Spinach
Have your grilled cheese without the guilt! The garlic flavor pairs nicely with the cheese, bacon, and greens
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves $
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves $
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, halved
- 8 (1-ounce) rustic Italian bread slices
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
Adapted from cooking light.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add spinach and arugula; stir until wilted. Remove spinach mixture from pan. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp. Remove bacon.
2. Top 4 bread slices evenly with cheeses, bacon pieces, spinach mixture, and the remaining 4 bread slices.
3. Heat pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches to drippings in pan; weigh down with a plate. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
You'll also love
- ATK Deep Dish Apple Pie 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- TGI Friday’s Baked Potato Skins 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pasta with Cauliflower, Bacon, and... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Double-Cut Pork Chops with Garlic... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- GRILLED LEMON-GARLIC SALMON 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mushroom Spinach Quiche 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Artichoke-Spinach Dip 4.4/5 (16 Votes)