Double Pecan Chocolate Pie
Fat: 38 g
Protein: 8 g
Carb: 60 g
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 cups pecans
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, plus 4 Tbsp, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 30mins
1. In a food processor, pulse flour, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup pecans amd 1/4 tsp salt until pecxans are finely chopped. Add 6 Tbsp cold butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 Tbsp cold water, pulsing until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed.
2. Transfer dough to a pieces of plastic wrap and shape into a 1 inch thick disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hr and up to 2 days.
3. Heat oven to 350 F On a lightly floured pieces of parchment, roll disk of dough into a 12 inch circle. Slide onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 10 mins. Fit it into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Trim dough so overhang is even all way around. Fold overhang under itself to create a thicker rim of dough and crimp as desired. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, 4 Tbsp melted butter and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Stir in chocolate chips and remaining 2 1/2 cups pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pie crust. Bake for 20 mins. Cover pie with fil and bake until filling is puffed and center is just set, 15 to 20 mins more. Trasfer pie to a wire rack and let it cool to room temperature.