Rosie's BBQ Sauce.
A multi-dimensional, complex BBQ sauce.
- 1 heaping TB minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground mustard seeds
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp Stubbs Hickory Liquid Smoke
Finely mince the garlic (about 4 cloves).
Tip: Run warm water over your knife and fingers to keep garlic from sticking to your knife. The more you work the garlic, the stronger it will be.
Chop the onion.
Saute the garlic and onion in a TB of olive oil over medium heat for about a minute.
Reduce heat and add in rest of ingredients.
Barely simmer for 1 hour.
When you use the sauce, add it to your meat the last 15 or so minutes of cooking.