Linguine With Chicken Ragu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the juices evaporate and the chicken is golden, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Add the rosemary and mix well. Add the Marinara Sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add the linguine to the ragu and toss to coat, adding some reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.