Italian Chicken Salad In Lettuce Cups
- 10 cups coarsely-shredded cooked chicken (from abt 3 purchased roasted whole chickens)
- 2 cups roasted red and yellow bell peppers drained, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups paper-thin slices red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup drained capers
- 1 1/2 cups Red Wine Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 24 butter lettuce leaves (from abt 3 large heads)
- 1 piece Parmesan - (4 oz) shaved with
- vegetable peeler
Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onion, parsley, almonds, and capers in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange 1 large lettuce cup and 1 small lettuce cup on each plate, overlapping slightly. Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the salads. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Do-Ahead Tip: The chicken salad can be prepared 4 hours ahead and refrigerated. Just before serving, spoon the salad into the lettuce cups.