- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Bring the water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, milk, butter, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and pepper, and stir until the butter and cheese melt. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.