Spicy Orange Chicken Wings
- For the wings
- 12 party wings (wingettes and drumettes)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- oil, for frying
- For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- juice of one orange
- hot sauce, to taste
- sliced scallions and sesame seeds, to garnish
Preheat the deep-fryer (or a pot of canola oil) to 350F.
Coat the wings in flour.
Fry in batches (without overcrowing) for 8-10 minutes or until completely golden-brown.
Drain on a layer of paper towels and let cool for 10 minutes while you make the glaze.
For the glaze:
Heat the sesame oil over medium-low heat in a small pot.
Fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant, 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add the marmalade, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, zest, juice and hot sauce to the pot, stir well, bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool and thicken.
To glaze the wings:
Place the wings in a very large mixing bowl, then drizzle the glaze over them and toss to coat completely.
Serve garnished with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Apple Spiced Olive Oil Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1770 House Meatloaf with Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clams, Shrimp & Chorizo Cataplana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Egg Salad - Golden Lamb's 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pampered Chef Cucumber Lime Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Pulled Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice by Laura Vitale 0/5 (0 Votes)