Goat Cheese Toasts
- 36 slices baguette bread, 1/2" thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely-grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely-ground multi-colored or black peppercorns to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted Sicilian green olives finely chopped (or kalamata olives)
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced chives
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy large baking sheets. Brush olive oil over the bread slices. Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Blend the goat cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add the parsley, thyme, and lemon peel. Using the on/off button, pulse just to blend. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the cheese mixture over the crostini. Sprinkle with the olives, chives, and more pepper. Arrange the toasts on a platter and serve.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Do-Ahead Tip: The crostini and cheese mixture can each be prepared 2 days ahead. Store the crostini in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the cheese mixture. Let the cheese mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour to soften slightly before spreading over the crostini.