Crawfish Corn Chowder
Recipe came from a cafe at a casino in Louisiana. It was so good. Does make a lot but freezes well.
- 4 oz. chicken base to 1 gal water
- 2 oz shrimp bast to .5 gals. of water
- 1 lb diced ham
- 1 lb diced onions
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup. diced celery
- 4 oz. butter
- 2 lbs frozen whole kernel corn
- 5 lbs dice potatoes
- .5 lobs cornstarch
- 2 qts. heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp Tony's seasoning
- 2 lbs crawfish
1. In large stock pot, bring water to boil.
2. Add chicken base and shrimp bases to boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
3. Add corn and potatoes to stock. Bring to a boil.
4. In another large stock pot, melt butter and add onions, peppers and celery. Cook about 5 min.
5. Add onions, peppers and celery to soup.
6. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 min.
7. Add heavy whipping cream, stirring constantly until mixture is mixed thoroughly.
8. In a small mixing bowl, mix white roux.
9. Slowly add roux to soup, stirring constantly until smooth.
10. Add crawfish to soup. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Dish product in 2 pans and chill to 40 degrees to serve at later time.
You'll also love
- Warm Cinnamon Apples (McIntosh) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Scalloped Potato Stacks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Salmon Dijon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)