Warm Cinnamon Apples (McIntosh)
- 4 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat apples.
2. Cook apple mixture, 2 Tbsp. water, and 1 Tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender.