Endive And Frisee Salad With Oranges
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely-sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil or hazelnut oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 heads Belgian endive trimmed, and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 heads frisee lettuce, center leaves only torn into pieces
- 2 blood oranges or regular oranges segmented
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted, chopped
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss the endive and frisee in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mound the salad onto plates. Surround with the orange segments. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette around the salads and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Seafood Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)