Endive And Frisee Salad With Oranges
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely-sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil or hazelnut oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 heads Belgian endive trimmed, and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 heads frisee lettuce, center leaves only torn into pieces
- 2 blood oranges or regular oranges segmented
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted, chopped
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss the endive and frisee in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mound the salad onto plates. Surround with the orange segments. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette around the salads and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)