Crab Cakes with Cranberry Remoulade
- 10 ounce (282g) clarified butter
- 1 1/2 cups (1.5) green pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (1.5) red pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (87g) scallions, chopped
- 3 ounces (85g) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasonings
- 3 pounds (1,362g) pasteurized crabmeat, check for shell pieces
- 1 1/4 cups (219g) Ocean Spray® Sweetened Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (75g) panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 12 cups (900g) plain breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- CRANBERRY REMOULADE
- 6 3/4 cups (1,485g) mayonnaise
- 9 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 9 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 14 ounces (438ml) Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1. Heat 2 ounces of clarified butter and sauté the peppers and scallions until tender. Transfer to a mixing bowl, let cool and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, egg, and cajun seasoning. Mix well.
2. Gently fold in crabmeat, dried cranberries, and panko and form mixture into 54-1 1/2 ounce balls. Bread each cake in regular breadcrumbs and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
3. Use remaining 8 ounces clarified butter to sauté crab cakes until golden on each side. Serve 2 per person with 2 ounces of cranberry remoulade (recipe follows). Garnish with baby greens and lemon wedges.
1. In stainless steel bowl, combine mayonnaise, scallions, capers, and Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce. Refrigerate until needed.
Makes 27 Servings
You'll also love
- Big Bob Gibson's Championship Pork... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Crown 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Not Your Mother's Tuna Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FRIED GREEN TOMATOES WITH BREAD... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado, Caper, and Pickled-Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Elegant Seafood Quiche 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Tea Party... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yucatan Scallops with Avocado Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)