Royal Chocolate- Marshmallow Bars
- st Layer:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- nd Layer:
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and add to the butter mixture.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake 15-18 minutes.
Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the first layer and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes, Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over the first layer.
For the topping, combine the chips, butter, and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until
melted and well-blended. Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Spread evenly over bars.
Chill until firm and cut into bars.