Broiled Salmon With Herb Mustard Glaze
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 6 salmon fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 lemon wedges
In a mini food processor, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, wine, oil, Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard. Grind the mustard sauce until combined, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard to the sauce and stir to combine. Set aside mustard sauce.
Preheat the broiler. Line a heavy rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick spray. Arrange the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Broil for 2 minutes. Spoon the mustard sauce over the fillets. Continue broiling until the fillets are just cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
Transfer the fillets to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Recommended Wine: 2001 Pecchenino
Origin: Alba, Piedmont
Wine notes: Using white wine for fish and red wine for meat no longer applies. Break with tradition. Italy produces many interesting reds, so for this dish I chose a classic Italian wine made from the dolcetto grape. This lighter bodied red will marry well with my salmon dish which has a rich and silky texture. The delicacy of the herbs in my mustard glaze goes nicely with the fruity nature of the wine. My rule for pairing wine with dishes is to go with what tastes good.
Wine Pouring Notes: Do not fill above the curve of the bowl, never more than 1/2 full, that way you can get a true sense of the wine's aroma and a better sense of its bouquet. To get the full experience of the wine, place your nose into the glass and take in the wine's beautiful aroma.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)