Baked Zucchini Mostaccioli
- 8 oz. mostaccioli noodles
- 3-1/2 c. (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 med. zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. plus 1 T. Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Sale and Pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, Italian seasoning, dried onions and sugar. Heat for 3 minutes in microwave to blend flavors.
In another bowl, mix together zucchini, ricotta, 1/2 c. mozzarella, 1/2 c. Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Coat a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread half of tomato sauce mixture on the bottom. Layer mostaccioli, ricotta and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. mozzarella and 1 T. Paremsan. Bake until top is brown and sauce is bubbling - about 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil on top.