Creamy Asparagus, Herb, and Pea Pasta
With artichokes, arugula, pesto, prosciutto, and Parmesan, this pizza has intense, addictive flavor. Splurge and try it with homemade pesto.
- 2 thin pancetta slices (about 5/8 ounce)
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup) $$
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) asparagus pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
Adapted from cookinglight.com
1. Place pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 6 minutes or until pancetta begins to crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes. Add the cream cheese and mascarpone, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Strain sauce through a fine sieve over a large bowl. Discard solids.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus and peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; cook 2 minutes. Drain. Add the pasta mixture, salt, and black pepper to sauce in bowl; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and chives.