- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 2 chicken breasts with skin and bones halved crosswise
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Chili Oil (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped pitted green olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Stir in the garlic, olives, 3 tablespoons of parsley and capers. Add the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the chicken mixture to a platter. Spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.