Almond and Kale Pesto
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (we sometimes roast our garlic ahead of time)
- 2 cups of freshly washed kale
- 1 cup of loosely packed basil
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp of sea salt (taste)
- Ground pepper to taste
1. Place garlic, kale, basil and almonds into a food processor.
2. Blend until the ingredients are almost to a paste.
3. While the processor is running, add the olive oil.
4. Taste and season with sea salt and ground pepper.
*Optional – add 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast to your pesto for a cheesy flavor.
Store pesto in the fridge for no longer than one week. If it lasts that long. Yield: Pesto for one large pizza