Pizza With Pineapple And Ham
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 2 pieces homemade Pizza Dough - (8 oz ea) (listed below) (or purchased pizza dough)
- 3/4 cup homemade Marinara Sauce (see recipe) (or purchased marinara sauce)
- 1 1/3 cups grated pasteurized mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 canned pineapple slices coarsely chopped
- 4 thin slices cooked ham coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Position 1 oven rack in the center and the second rack on the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Sprinkle the cornmeal over 2 rimless baking sheets. Roll out each piece of pizza dough into a 10- to 11-inch round. Transfer 1 dough to each prepared baking sheet.
Spoon the marinara sauce over the dough, dividing equaling and leaving a 1-inch border around each pizza. Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce. Arrange the pineapple pieces in a single layer over the cheeses. Sprinkle with the ham. Bake the pizzas until the crusts are crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top, about 12 minutes. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.
Pizza Dough: Mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl to blend. Let stand until the yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Mix the flour and salt in a food processor to blend. Blend in the oil. With the machine running, add the yeast mixture and blend just until the dough forms. Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute.
Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm draft-free area until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Punch the down dough and divide into 2 equal balls. (The dough can be used immediately or stored airtight in the refrigerator for 1 day.) Makes 2 (8-ounce) balls of pizza dough)
This recipe yields 4 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Italian Seafood Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugarless Pineapple Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)