Penne With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil - (8.5 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Italian Seafood Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buca Di Beppo's Baked Penne 0/5 (0 Votes)