Tomato, Avocado, Corn & Black Bean Salad
Very Good. Serve with grilled chicken or pork.
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 small red onion
- 5 T olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 t. cumin seeds
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 t. minced jalapeno
- 4 med-lge tomatoes, cored, seeded & cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 C drained black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, diagonally sliced
Heat grill to med. hi. Remove thick, outer leaves of corn husk. Peel back inner leaves, being careful to leave them attached to the cob. Remove the corn silk & fold inner leaves back over corn.
Cut onion into 1/2" slices. Thread on skewers, brush liberally with olive oil & season with salt.
Grll corn & onion slices, turning once so that they brown on both sides, 8-10 min. Grill corn 10-15 min. Set aside to cool. Cut kernels off cob and cut onion slices into 1/2" dice.
Heat small skillet over med. heat. toast cumin seeds until fragrant, @ 20 sec. Crush in spice gringer. Combine cumin seeds. lime juice, jalapeno & 1 t salt in small bowl. Gradually whick in 5 T olive to blend.
Lightly season tomato with salt. Tranfer to med bowl & add corn, onion, black & cilantro. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad & toss gently. Fold in avocado. Season with salt & pepper. Garnish with scallion & serve immediately.
You'll also love
- D’Amico’s Dried Cherry Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus - Prosciutto Wrapped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Shortbread Crumble 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jiffy Scalloped Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Bruschetta with Green Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta with Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)