BALSAMIC WILD RICE SALAD
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups balsamic rice
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 6)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
In large saucepan, bring 4 cups water, wild rice and salt to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add basmati rice; simmer, covered, until all rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer to bowl.
DRESSING: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over rice and toss to coat. Let cool for 30 minutes.
Add carrots, toasted almonds, radishes and green onions; toss to combine. (Make-ahead: Cover and let stand for up to 1 hour). Makes 12 servings.