Marinated Zucchini And Summer Squash
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini - (abt 3 large) trimmed, and sliced diagonally abt 1/4" thick
- 1 pound yellow crookneck squash - (abt 3 large) trimmed, and sliced diagonally abt 1/4" thick
Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade into a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to a 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and marinate at room temperature at least 3 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables until they are crisp-tender and brown, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a platter. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.