Little Thimbles Sciue Sciue
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini, thimble-shaped pasta - (abt 6 oz) (or other small tube-shaped pastas such as elbow macaroni or penn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 plum tomatoes - (abt 1 lb) chopped
- 8 ounces cold fresh mozzarella drained, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 8 large fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often to prevent the pasta from sticking together, about 8 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a heavy large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt. Spoon the pasta into small serving bowls and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.