Apple Pie Grilled Cheese
Sweet sautéed apples, melted sharp cheddar, and crisp bread... it may sound weird, but if you've tried the combo, you know it works!
- 1 medium-sized organic apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, plus more for spreading on bread
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 big pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tiny pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tiny pinch ground cloves
- 2 slices bread with dried fruit and nuts
- Cheddar cheese slices (2 if using sandwich slices, 4 to 6 if using a block of cheese)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Melt butter in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add in the apple slices and maple syrup, reduced heat to medium, and cook until apples have softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the spices.
Wipe out skillet.
Spread a bit of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lay bread butter side-down on a clean surface and top one slice with the cheese. Layer on the caramelized apples and top with other slice of bread. Place in skillet (still set over medium heat) and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, flipping halfway though, about 5 minutes total. If the bread is browning faster than the cheese is melted, place a lid on top of the skillet.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Tacos 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Spooky Fireball Whiskey... 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- 1-Point Banana Bread 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Berry Sorbet - Paleo Friendly 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Amazing Chicken Parm Meatballs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Instant Pot Whole “Roast”... 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar... 4.1/5 (100 Votes)