Italian Mixed Salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces turkey sausage casings removed
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce cut bite size pieces
- 1/2 head butter lettuce cut bite size pieces
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce cut bite size pieces
- 2 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces Provolone cubed
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned red kidney beans patted dry
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned garbanzo beans patted dry
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking the sausage into bite-size pieces, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate. Cool to room temperature.
Chop and combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and cooked sausage in a large bowl. Add beans and enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.