Shrimp and Sweet Corn Fritters
- Optional Fruit Chutney Sauce:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons green onion or chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked
- vegetable oil, for frying
- confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup fruit chutney
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and OLD BAY. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk and green onion. Combine mixtures, blending until moistened. Fold in cooked shrimp and corn.
Pour oil into heavy skillet to a depth of 1 inch. Heat to 375° F on medium heat. Drop batter by the tablespoonful, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain fritters on paper towels. Just before serving, dust fritters with confectioners sugar.
Fruit Chutney Sauce is a natural companion to these fritters. To prepare, mix fruit chutney, mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl. Spoon over fritters.