Shrimp and Fresh Corn Grits
- 1 cup(s) (1-percent) low-fat milk
- 1 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking grits
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 (3-ounce) link fully cooked andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) onion
- 1 large (10-ounce) red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) (26 to 30 count) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 4 cup(s) corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed, if frozen)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
•In 4-quart saucepan, heat milk, 1 cup water, and pinch salt to boiling. Whisk in grits, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 minutes or until tender, whisking occasionally.
•Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add sausage and cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add onion, red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook 5 minutes or until just tender and browned, stirring.
•Stir in shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Cook 1 minute, stirring. Add remaining 1/3 cup water; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp just turn opaque, stirring.
•Stir corn into grits; cook 1 minute. Serve topped with shrimp mixture.
Read more: Shrimp and Fresh Corn Grits Recipe - Good Housekeeping
You'll also love
- Peach & Blueberry Crumbles 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Chinese Slaw 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Seafood Quesadillas 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Chili w/Pumpkin... 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- BOB W'S CORN CAKES 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Potato Salmon Cakes with Lemon... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Seared Sea Scallops 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Singapore Shrimp Noodles 4.6/5 (18 Votes)