Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 16 ounces Ghirardelli Double Chocolate or Semi-Sweet choclate chips
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-hal1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate or Semi-Sweet choclate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup
To make cake, add first 6 ingredients to a heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature. Fold in eggs.
Pour into greased 9-inch springform. Bake at 350F. for about 50 minutes. Center should be a little jiggly Cool to room temperature again.
To make topping, melt chocolate and butter in a pan over low heat. Stir in half-and-half and corn syrup. Mix until smooth.
Spread cake with topping. Chill
Remove from pan and garnish with whipping cream