Bolognese Sauce - Olive Garden
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Italian sausage, skinned
- 1 cup red wine
- 18 oz can crushed tomatoes, chopped (ground)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from arprice.com
HEAT oil in a large pan.
Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
Add meat and cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
DEGLAZE pan with wine; let reduce.
Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and stir.
Simmer for about 1 hour.
SERVE over fresh, hot pasta.