Grilled Chicken With Spinach And Pine Nut Pesto
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves - (abt 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel - (to 2)
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Heat a grill pan on medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Add salt and pulse. Put half of the pesto into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use.
Transfer the rest of the spinach mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.