- 3-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats and almonds in a 15x10x1-in.
baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until
toasted, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in
sunflower kernels, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar and
cinnamon. Stir in oat mixture.
Firmly press into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° 13-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly
browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight
container. Yield: 3 dozen.