Fusilli With Tuna And Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound fusilli
- 3 1/4 cups Simple Tomato Sauce (see recipe) (or other purchased marinara sauce)
- 2 cans albacore tuna packed in oil - (6 oz ea) drained
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce, tuna, capers, and lemon peel in a heavy large skillet. Using a fork, break the tuna into chunks. Simmer to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in the parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)