Polynesian Barbecued Pork Loin
Yum! Can easily make for a large group. Don't need to increase sauce, just pork loin. Makes about 4 cups sauce.
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds boned pork loin roast (or more, depending on servings)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper.
- 2 1/4 cups water (divided)
- 2/3 cup (6-oz can) tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 oz. can) crushed pineapple and syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed, dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped green pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
We use a large aluminum pan and put all ingredients in and cook on grill.
(can use oven) Use heavy duty foil and make a "package" of loin and all ingredients.
Rub roast with salt and pepper. Combine 2 cups water, tomato paste, pineapple, sugar, onion, green pepper, vinegar and ginger in blender container. Blend at low speed 20 seconds. Pour mixture into medium saucepan. Boil gently, uncovered, 25 minutes, Stir occasionally. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and cornstarch; add to tomato mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes OR until bubbly. Pour over pork loin - reserve some for serving with pork roast. Cook 1-2 hours or longer - thermometer reading 165-170 degrees.
Let roast sit 15 minutes before carving.