- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 chicken cutlets - (3 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 cups Simple Tomato Sauce (see recipe) (or purchased marinara sauce)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 16 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.