good, takes about 40 minutes (source Grand Rapids Press)
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 mid. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli florets, stems peeled and sliced (about 1 pound)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cans (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 9 oz. dried cheese-stuffed tortellini, cooked and drained OR 1 pkg. (20 oz.) refrigerated tortellini
- 1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, dried basil, and dried thyme
- 1 quart milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In stock pot, add sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat Crumble sausage as it cooks.
When sausage is cooked through, add celery, broccoli, carrots and chicken broth. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add mushroom soup, cooked tortellini, spices. Heat through. Whisk cornstarch into milk. Add to soup , blending well. Stir in Parmesan cheese, mix well. Heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened.