Cannellini Beans With Herbs And Prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices - (14 1/2 oz)
- 2 cans cannellini beans - (15 oz ea) rinsed, drained
- 2 ounces prosciutto coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula or mixed baby greens
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the sage and thyme. Add the tomatoes. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the beans. Simmer until the tomatoes are tender and the juices evaporate by half, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the prosciutto, being careful not to overcook the prosciutto. Season the beans, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Arrange the arugula or mixed baby greens over a platter. Spoon the beans over the greens and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)