Chickpea and eggplant dip
- Ingredients (makes 3 cups):
- 2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water for 8 hours and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of cumin
- 1 tsp salt
Cook the chickpeas in water until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
Prick each eggplant a few times, place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for around 30 minutes, until they’re completely soft; you should be able to easily poke a paring knife into them and meet no resistance. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Split the eggplant and scrape out the pulp. Transfer to a blender, add the cooked and drained chickpeas, the crushed garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, 2 to 3 tbsp of the reserved liquid, lemon juice and olive oil. Puree, adding more of the cooking liquid 2 tablespoons at a time as necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary.
Sprinkle some olive oil and garnish with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Sausage Cheese Dip (Paula Deen) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BROCCOLI SHRIMP ALFREDO 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmigiana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Lentils with Mushrooms and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Skinny Eggplant Rollatini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Hummus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas... 0/5 (0 Votes)