Beef Burgers With Mushrooms And Aioli
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground chuck
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 portobello mushrooms stems trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 four-inch square or round ciabatta or foccacia squares halved horizontally
- 2 cups fresh arugula
Combine the ground chuck, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape the mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Lightly drizzle both sides of the mushrooms with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl to blend. (The patties, mushrooms, and garlic mayonnaise can be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead. Cover them separately and refrigerate.)
Prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill the burgers until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the mushrooms until just tender, about 5 minutes per side. Grill the focaccia squares cut-side down, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
Spread the garlic mayonnaise over the roll bottoms. Cut the mushrooms into strips and arrange the mushroom strips over the mayonnaise. Place the burgers atop the mushrooms. Spread garlic mayonnaise on the cut side of the tops and arrange a handful of arugula on each. Cover the burger with the roll tops and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)