White Bean Dip With Pita Chips
- 1 can cannellini beans - (15 oz) drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves - (loosely packed)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 pitas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Blackened Chicken and Creole... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)