Pecan & Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
All the delicious flavors of a fruit and nut bar are rolled into this ice cream pie with a buttery, spicy ginger crust.
- 20 ginger snap cookies
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- FILLING AND GARNISH:
- 1 container chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
To make crust, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Whirl cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. This should measure about 2 cups. Add butter. Pulse until evenly mixed. Press over a greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for 5 minutes or until dry. Let cool completely.
To prepare ganache, place 2 ounces chocolate in a small bowl. Place whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl or saucepan. Heat until steaming. Pour over chocolate. Immediately stir to mix. Cover ganache with plastic wrap. If making ahead, refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To prepare filling, place ice cream in a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon, break it up a bit. Let stand for 20 minutes or until softened but not melted. Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking sheet. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 7 minutes or until toasted. Let cool completely.
Turn into a bowl. Stir in cherries, raisins and finely chopped chocolate. Set half of mixture aside. When ice cream is softened, stir half of ingredients into ice cream. Spoon ice-cream mixture into cooled crust. Smooth top. Freeze until firm.
Before serving, remove pie from freezer. Sprinkle with reserved nut mixture. If ganache is firm, microwave until softened slightly. Using tines of a fork, drizzle ganache overtop. When pie is soft enough, cut and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Easy Avocado Spread 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mini Strawberry Strudel 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Potato Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding Parfaits 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple & Cinnamon Muffins with a... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Waffled Brioche French Toast 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Bunny Bum Cupcakes 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)