- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds thinly-sliced veal scallopine
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
In a shallow dish, beat eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour flour into another shallow dish. Mix together the bread crumbs, basil and thyme in a third shallow dish. Have ready one large plate.
Season the veal with salt and pepper. Working with 1 piece of veal at a time, dip it first in the flour, shaking off excess. Next, place the floured veal into the beaten eggs, coating completely. Place the veal into the bread crumb mixture and gently press crumbs into the veal. Set aside on large plate and continue with remaining veal slices.
In a large skillet with high sides, heat the oil to 375 degrees. Have ready a baking sheet fitted with a rack. Carefully place 2 pieces of breaded veal in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes total. Place cooked veal on rack, season with salt and place in oven to keep warm. Continue with remaining veal.
Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Duck Soup (Mock Czarnina) 5/5 (0 Votes)